Survival of the ZOOM
Have you ever heard people use terms like "digital platform" or "share screen" when it comes to normal everyday things? Have you made an account with Zoom lately? More importantly, have you the sudden need to make sure you have a link to the ZOOM and visit your GMAIL more often than normal to get the LINK?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then you are well on your way to ZOOM-ING around in the My Voice Media Center. We have success stories, everyday check-in stories, events on Zoom, and our free Art Sessions run on the POWER OF THE ZOOMER!
-Reminder: take good photographs of your work. They are better shared in the chat, than holding them up, but you can still hold them up!
Balloon Art with Olivia Garza; February 2021(4)
STEPS to TAKE:
1. If you haven't yet, you need to set up a Zoom account with your GMAIL.
2. GMAIL is free and you should have one, even along with your normal email with other companies.
3. It is good to have a second email, or GMAIL-IF you don't have a CELL/SMART Phone.
4. Smart Phones are free with the county and with a qualifying EBT Card or other qualification. (They no longer have the booths-so you do have to go ONLINE and search-USE GOOGLE!)
5. Then, you will want to join ZOOM, by searching for their official site, not an AD or an article about Zoom!
6. You can easily join now with your GOOGLE GMAIL ACCOUNT.
7. Once you have logged in, go to your GMAIL and find that really long link attached to an email, that is BLUE. You don't have to type this all in, JUST CLICK.
8. This link should bring you to the Zoom tab and ask if you would like to join.
JOIN, then JOIN AUDIO, then JOIN VIDEO. Ask others if they can see or hear you-THEY MAY HAVE ALREADY SEEN YOU and are happy to have YOU!
You did it! You joined your first ZOOM, now ZOOM along and create with each other!
Kelly Doti, PARTICIPANT; My Voice Media Center; Acrylic Painting Zoom Session; February 2021; Zoom Session with Rebecca Haigh-Rebecca is a Facilitator with My Voice Media Center and has been working diligently learning how to ZOOM. Thank you!