top of page
READ the BLOG!
Celebrate wellness, recovery, and resilience with
My Voice Media Center Project.
This month's theme is “Fantastic February”, and the color of the month is Dark Orchid.
Our participants are encouraged to incorporate our monthly themes and colors within their artistic expression.
Last Month: “Joy for January”
The No Stigma Speakers Bureau presented at the Visalia Wellness Center, one of our partners in Tulare County
The painting session has been very successful with artist Heidi Steinman. Some of the paintings are featured on Fantastic February’s pamphlet/calendar.
Buddy Jones held a woodworking workshop where participants learned and practiced the craft.
CASA Kids Art Night offered the children an invaluable one-time art packet that will help them to art journal.
This Month: “Fantastic February”
Welcome to Fantastic February!
This month’s color is Dark Orchid (HEX/HTML 7D1B7E, RGB 125, 27, 126)
Last year’s theme was “Love Your Art” the time of year when you need to make sure you have collected all of your art from My Voice Media Center
Come by and pick up your art during Fantastic February and take part in one of our sessions: Drawing, Painting, Photo Editing, Printmaking, Peer Support, Video Editing, 2D/3D Art and the No Stigma Speaks Bureau.
Peer Support is on Thursdays and Fridays 2-3 pm
February 9th the 2D and 3D Art Session will be participating in a Valentine’s Day session from 12 pm - 2 pm
There will be a new session called "Art and Feelings" where participants can explore the connection between feelings, colors, and shapes.
The My Voice Media Center (MVMC) is made possible through a partnership between the Arts Consortium and the Tulare County Health and Human Services' Mental Health branch.
We offer Photography, Printmaking, Video Editing, Photo Editing, Drawing, Painting, Guitar, 2D and 3D Art, NSSB (No Stigma Speakers Bureau), Peer Support, and other activities.
- Fun art videos from 12-2 PM on the last Thursday of every month! (Unless otherwise noted.)
- One-on-One Peer Support sessions are available WED 2-3 PM and THURS 2-3 PM - schedule yours today!
- Visiting Artist Sessions (Next visiting artist will be TONI BEST featuring Gourd Art in MAY. More details to come)
CLICK HERE to visit us on Facebook
The My Voice Media Center serves adults from throughout Tulare County who have first-hand experiences with mental health struggles and those who provide support for the same.
We believe that self-expression through various mediums of art can help our community members thrive on their path of wellness and recovery. The goal of the My Voice Media Center is to reduce the stigma of mental illness.
Our activities include the following:
- We provide a safe and welcoming environment where participants may explore their own artistic style
- We provide opportunities for our participants to learn from professional artists on and off-site
- We provide exhibition and art sale opportunities for interested participants
- We provide opportunities for our participants to take part in presentations that help educate our community at large about mental wellness and recovery
- We collaborate with local organizations to promote and advocate for mental health services
- We provide opportunities for our participants to visit other arts and culture centers
We would like to invite you to become a participant in the My Voice Media Center's free arts programming by visiting us and completing an enrollment form.
Our program hours are 10 am to 3 pm from Tuesday to Friday.
Enroll today at the Arts Consortium's My Voice Media Center: 808 N Court St. Visalia, CA 93291
Expressions of Wellness and Recovery
bottom of page